welcome
Welcome to Shinobi Fables Untold!

We like to keep a relaxed and open community where you are invited to become a vital part of the amazing storyline we have actively going on the site. We have a system for just about every major aspect of Naruto, and you are free to mold or shape your character's future however you see fit! We cannot wait to see how YOU change the world!
links
recent
» Land of Milk and Honey
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:28 am byEververse

» Plot of the New Site!
Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm byEververse

» Cursed Shuriken Naruto AU roleplay.
Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:11 pm byGuest

» The Limits of Power
Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:30 am byEververse

» Yvonne Ocelot
Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:05 pm byOrion

» Everlasting Wrath
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:34 pm byEververse

» The Sun and Its Secrets [ P ] | [ KURO ] | [ FB ]
Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:41 pm byKurotsuchi

» Bloodline Claim
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:28 pm byKurotsuchi

» Regeneration
Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:50 pm byEververse

» Envoy of the Beginning
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:59 pm byEververse

Shinobi Fables Affiliation
Our Site Button
"
N:FBL I M B OTOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPThe Bleach Society Role-Play Bleach Platinum Hearts
skin coded by nekobake

Moonlit Hunter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

on Wed May 11, 2016 12:27 am

Name: Yueguang
Type: Bow
Materials: Crystallized soul of the moon, stolen with a golden mirror.
Visual Description: An elegant and rather unassuming weapon, the bow is a lovely dark silver color with a delicate curve and beautiful, intricate carvings worked along its entire length. Near the grip rests a decorative glove-like golden hand guard which the user places his hand into when wielding the weapon. A compact thing, the instrument measures just under three and a half feet in length, granting it a high level of maneuverability, while still retaining an honestly absurd amount of power.
Power: 800
Endurance: 200
Speed: Arrows fly at user's speed +100 (minimum of 300)
Ability:

• Empty Phantasm Shell: [Major] As the moon reflects his sun, so too does the bow of moonlight reflect the rays it fires. By channeling a small flow of chakra into the bow [10], the user can will it to craft a reflection of any arrow(s) fired from it. Generally, this phantasmal arrow, a pale blue-ish purple with a silvery hue, will trail the first, striking a moment after its more corporeal brother, though the wielder can chose instead to have it fly alongside the first. These clone arrows replicate every special property of any arrow they mimic, though they fade away after one post.

Cost: 16.500
Requirements: Bukijutsu of at least 4

Name: Zhòng Línghún
Type: Arrow
Materials: Compressed essence of an Giant's Tree.
Visual Description: Large, metal arrows of a dark grey color, these heavy bolts have uniquely blunted ends, designed not for piercing but rather for crushing. Because of their construction they deal massive concussive damage but, as a result, have little to no penetrative power, capable of little more than surface wounds upon fully exposed targets. Capable of shattering bones and causing massive internal bruising and bleeding, the true power of these munitions rests in their special roles as anti-armor weapons. Due to their heavy, crushing nature, they release their full force as a wave of blunt force upon impact, smashing, shattering, or denting armors and rigid defenses with ease
Ability:20% of the armored/reinforced target's endurance is added as strength to the blow dealt by these arrows.
Cost: 14.500 for 50
Requirements: Crafted by Jianyu

Name: Yangguang
Materials: Tears of the Sun, elicited from the dying of flames.
Visual Description: One of the most common type of arrow created and used by Jianyu, these large, golden arrows possess a delicate twisting all along the longer than average head. Named after the all-illuminating properties of the sun from which they came, these arrows spin effortlessly through the air when shot, granting them a unique drilling property whenever they strike something solid. Because of this, these arrows have the surprising ability to simply glide through solid terrain objects, such as trees and the like, without losing trajectory or speed. The hunter, in this case, can pin his prey behind cover, be it a fallen trunk or a thin outcropping of stone, and then simply shoot through the barrier, his prey convinced of its temporary safety. Many have fallen prey to this surprise, and those who do not quickly succumb to the arrows' unprecedented penetrative power, said to tear even the stone scales of divine beast to bits.
Power: 900
Endurance: 100
Ability: N/A
Cost: 8.500 for 50

Name: N/A
Materials: Mass of souls collected from those who died in a great blighted swamp
Visual Description: Deceptive arrows which looks identical to a standard arrow with a narrow head, these bolts contain hollow innards filled with a unique fluid which, upon striking a surface, explodes outwards in a large, hideous foam. This foam then rapidly hardens into cement-like consistency, ensnaring whatever unfortunate creature may have taken the blow. While absurdly difficult to break free of, these arrows are not intended to cause any significant damage to a target and rarely do more than leave small bruising, if that, making them perfect for trapping and restraining targets.
Power: 0
Endurance: 1000

Last edited by Cinder on Thu May 19, 2016 12:28 pm; edited 8 times in total
Uchiha
Uchiha

Character sheet
Element:
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Wed May 11, 2016 12:58 am
Cinder wrote:

Name: Yuuyake
Materials: Crystallized soul of the moon, stolen from a golden mirror.
Visual Description: An elegant and rather unassuming weapon, the bow is a lovely dark silver color with a delicate curve and beautiful, intricate carvings worked along its entire length. Near the grip rests a decorative glove-like golden hand guard which the user places his hand into when wielding the weapon. A compact thing, the instrument measures just under three feet in length, granting it a high level of maneuverability, while still retaining an honestly absurd amount of power.
Ability:

• Soul Bolt: [Major] Focusing chakra into an arrow(s), the user transmutes the arrow into one of pure energy, completely removing its physical form. As such, traditional barriers, armors, or other such defensive measures amount to nothing in the face of the all penetrating bolt fired. As such, the arrow does no physical damage but instead strikes at the life force of any unfortunate souls struck by it, reducing it by one half. While not permanent, this can debilitate any who fall prey to the strike. Additionally, the arrow has the same effect on any sort of spiritual projections directly linked to a foe's life force and can halve the effective power of any construct of such nature (such as Susano'o). However, while it will damage defenses of this nature, doing so consumes the arrow.

The Bold text colored Red is the only matters needing attending to. You'll need a chakra cost for using Yin Release chakra to coat the arrows, thus add in -10 Chakra per arrow. On SFU the Life Force Stat can only be depleted in portions of 5 and 10, since your bow is S rank -10 per arrow works.

PM me if you need any assistance.
~ Setō
Clanless
Clanless
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Wed May 11, 2016 11:07 am
Fixed! I wasn't really sure on cost of the life force stuff; thank you for the suggestions. Also changed the name and tidied up some of the word choice.
Uchiha
Uchiha

Character sheet
Element:
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Wed May 11, 2016 12:49 pm
Cinder wrote:

Visual Description: An elegant and rather unassuming weapon, the bow is a lovely dark silver color with a delicate curve and beautiful, intricate carvings worked along its entire length. Near the grip rests a decorative glove-like golden hand guard which the user places his hand into when wielding the weapon. A compact thing, the instrument measures just under three and a half feet in length, granting it a high level of maneuverability, while still retaining an honestly absurd amount of power.
Ability:

• Soul Bolt: [Major] Focusing chakra into an arrow(s), the user transmutes the arrow into one of pure energy, completely removing its physical form (10 chakra per arrow). As such, traditional barriers, armors, or other such defensive measures amount to nothing in the face of the all penetrating bolt fired. The arrow does no physical damage but instead targets the life force of any unfortunate souls struck by it, reducing it by 10. While not permanent, this can debilitate any who fall prey to the strike. Additionally, the arrow has the same effect on any sort of spiritual projections directly linked to a foe's life force and can halve the effective power of any construct of such nature (such as Susano'o). However, while it will damage defenses of this nature, doing so consumes the arrow.

Pop!... Approved
Clanless
Clanless
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Fri May 13, 2016 3:49 pm
But how fast are these arrows moving? Since it seems to me everyone will be very unfortunate when facing it. How much is all this power costing you to use? How are the arrows defended against? What are tradtional things? Susanoo and the like are no good. So how does one deal with this?

Dont mean to intrude but I view these as valid questions.
Ootsutsuki Clan Leader
Ootsutsuki Clan Leader
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Fri May 13, 2016 4:19 pm
I have no idea how fast they would move? Probably user's speed plus 50 with a minimum of 300?

Traditional barriers and the like would be regular defenses, such as armors defensive ninjutsu. Anything which requires lifeforce will auto stop the arrow, but will be damaged. I believe Susano'o does that, so it would block it. Many Senju techniques would as well.

It costs 10 chakra per arrow to transmute, but if they aren't transmuted they are just normal arrows. So they don't cost anything in that case.
Uchiha
Uchiha

Character sheet
Element:
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Fri May 13, 2016 4:59 pm
Cinder wrote:I have no idea how fast they would move? Probably user's speed plus 50 with a minimum of 300?

Traditional barriers and the like would be regular defenses, such as armors defensive ninjutsu. Anything which requires lifeforce will auto stop the arrow, but will be damaged. I believe Susano'o does that, so it would block it. Many Senju techniques would as well.

It costs 10 chakra per arrow to transmute, but if they aren't transmuted they are just normal arrows. So they don't cost anything in that case.

Always be specific about how fast and how hard it hits. Not getting on you, just so you get a feel for how systems work. If you put that, than other people know by the numbers which techs can defend/dodge and which cannot.

Thank you.
Admin

Character sheet
Element:
View user profile http://shinobifablesuntold.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

on Fri May 13, 2016 7:10 pm
No offense taken or anything. Added a speed field for arrows. Hopefully that's alright? If anything else is still needed let me know.

I also added in a custom arrow to the first post. I don't know if you guys want everything in its own post or added to the end of the thread, but I personally like to keep everything as close together as possible. I hope that's ok!
Uchiha
Uchiha

Character sheet
Element:
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Sun May 15, 2016 8:00 am
So how does these arrows affect things imbued with nature energy. Same question goes for Bijuu chakra. Not wanting to take too much from this bow. But it seems to me it can do a lot with only 10 Chakra cost. As such I would say one should pay Chakra equivalent to the defense and whatever it intends to bypass. The bow needs limits. Just clarity, I take it the arrows can be sealed?
Ootsutsuki Clan Leader
Ootsutsuki Clan Leader
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Sun May 15, 2016 8:16 am
Kurotsuchi wrote:So how does these arrows affect things imbued with nature energy. Same question goes for Bijuu chakra. Not wanting to take too much from this bow. But it seems to me it can do a lot with only 10 Chakra cost. As such I would say one should pay Chakra equivalent to the defense and whatever it intends to bypass. The bow needs limits. Just clarity, I take it the arrows can be sealed?

I failed to read the actual bow; I was reading responses. This is for Cinder:

1. Your bow does not get to auto-penetrate everything. It can take 10 life force from what it hits, but there needs to be a static power for its penetration ability; it is not just bypassing susanoo. Especially at 10 chakra per arrow. So make those numbers make more sense for me please. I apologize for not reading.
If you want to take ten life force per arrow struck - no problem, but the arrows need to cost more like 25 chakra per one fired. And they need to have a power stat of around 250 or so for when they hit chakra defenses etc.
Admin

Character sheet
Element:

Back to top Go down

on Sun May 15, 2016 12:41 pm
If it helps at all, it isn't an auto-omnipenetration. With the cost the arrow becomes a pure chakra construct blocked by life force imbued abilities/items/etc. So it both requires the activation (by paying the cost) and would certainly be blocked by things like Susano'o.

In addition, I didn't give them a separate power rating for a few reasons. On the one hand, I assumed that your average arrow would simply take on the power of the bow which fired it, though I may be mistaken (and if I am, what's the point of the power stat for a bow?). On the other hand, they don't do any physical damage whatsoever; a person struck by this would not be pierced or even feel any pain. There is no damage outside of the life force reduction (which isn't permanent of course).

This may not make this magically acceptable, but I just wanted to clarify some of these things.

For Kuro:
I didn't even think of natural energy/bijuu chakra! Thank you for that. I would imagine they would also function in a life force esque way, so they would consume the arrow but also take the damage. And yes, I suppose the arrow fired could be sealed, though it may be fundamentally altered in doing so, since the arrow is converted into a pure chakra construct and lacks any sort of physical form. But I'm sure someone has/will think of an ability which could seal them.

Finally, I'm willing to go for 25 chakra per arrow if that seems reasonable to everyone. Though at that point I would imagine that the life force taken will not simply be auto-healed after 8 posts?
Uchiha
Uchiha

Character sheet
Element:
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Tue May 17, 2016 8:48 pm
Cinder wrote:If it helps at all, it isn't an auto-omnipenetration. With the cost the arrow becomes a pure chakra construct blocked by life force imbued abilities/items/etc. So it both requires the activation (by paying the cost) and would certainly be blocked by things like Susano'o.

In addition, I didn't give them a separate power rating for a few reasons. On the one hand, I assumed that your average arrow would simply take on the power of the bow which fired it, though I may be mistaken (and if I am, what's the point of the power stat for a bow?). On the other hand, they don't do any physical damage whatsoever; a person struck by this would not be pierced or even feel any pain. There is no damage outside of the life force reduction (which isn't permanent of course).

This may not make this magically acceptable, but I just wanted to clarify some of these things.

For Kuro:
I didn't even think of natural energy/bijuu chakra! Thank you for that. I would imagine they would also function in a life force esque way, so they would consume the arrow but also take the damage. And yes, I suppose the arrow fired could be sealed, though it may be fundamentally altered in doing so, since the arrow is converted into a pure chakra construct and lacks any sort of physical form. But I'm sure someone has/will think of an ability which could seal them.

Finally, I'm willing to go for 25 chakra per arrow if that seems reasonable to everyone. Though at that point I would imagine that the life force taken will not simply be auto-healed after 8 posts?

25 chakra per arrow, 250 power, takes ten life force when it penetrates and life force always auto heals after ten posts.

Please put that.
Admin

Character sheet
Element:

Back to top Go down

on Wed May 18, 2016 1:35 am
At that point it just doesn't efficient, particularly if it loses power as compared to what an unaltered arrow would have.

Either way, I've just removed it and added a new ability. Also I cleaned up the look of the arrows subsection. Hope this is more palatable.
Uchiha
Uchiha

Character sheet
Element:
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Wed May 18, 2016 6:38 am
I'll look over this soon.
Admin

Character sheet
Element:

Back to top Go down

on Thu May 19, 2016 12:10 pm
Cinder wrote:

Ability:

• Empty Phantasm Shell: [Major] As the moon reflects his sun, so too does the bow of moonlight reflect the rays it fires. By channeling a small flow of chakra into the bow [10], the user can will it to craft a reflection of any arrow(s) fired from it. Generally, this phantasmal arrow, a pale blue-ish purple with a silvery hue, will trail the first, striking a moment after its more corporeal brother, though the wielder can chose instead to have it fly alongside the first. These clone arrows replicate every special property of any arrow they mimic, though they fade away after one post.

Materials: Melted-down soul of an Iron Golem
Visual Description: Large, metal arrows of a dark grey color, these heavy bolts have uniquely blunted ends, designed not for piercing but rather for crushing. Because of their construction they deal massive concussive damage but, as a result, have little to no penetrative power, capable of little more than surface wounds upon fully exposed targets. Capable of shattering bones and causing massive internal bruising and bleeding, the true power of these munitions rests in their special roles as anti-armor weapons. Due to their heavy, crushing nature, they release their full force as a wave of blunt force upon impact, smashing, shattering, or denting armors and rigid defenses with ease [20% of the armored target's endurance is added as strength to the blow dealt by these arrows].

Visual Description: One of the most common type of arrow created and used by Jianyu, these large, golden arrows possess a delicate twisting all along the longer than average head. Named after the all-illuminating properties of the sun from which they came, these arrows spin effortlessly through the air when shot, granting them a unique drilling property whenever they strike something solid. Because of this, these arrows have the surprising ability to simply glide through solid terrain objects, such as trees and the like, without losing trajectory or speed. The hunter, in this case, can pin his prey behind cover, be it a fallen trunk or a thin outcropping of stone, and then simply shoot through the barrier, his prey convinced of its temporary safety. Many have fallen prey to this surprise, and those who do not quickly succumb to the arrows' unprecedented penetrative power, said to tear even the stone scales of divine beast to bits.

Materials: Mass of souls collected from those who died in a great blighted swamp
Visual Description: Deceptive arrows which looks identical to a standard arrow with a narrow head, these bolts contain hollow innards filled with a unique fluid which, upon striking a surface, explodes outwards in a large, hideous foam. This foam then rapidly hardens into cement-like consistency, ensnaring whatever unfortunate creature may have taken the blow. While absurdly difficult to break free of, these arrows are not intended to cause any significant damage to a target and rarely do more than leave small bruising, if that, making them perfect for trapping and restraining targets.

The red is what shall be addressed:

1. This is an ability, Medium at best. Make the appropriate edits and respond and this shall be good to go.
Clanless
Clanless
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Thu May 19, 2016 12:29 pm
Should be all fixed. Thank you!
Uchiha
Uchiha

Character sheet
Element:
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Thu May 19, 2016 12:39 pm
Cinder wrote:

Ability:

Materials: Compressed essence of an Giant's Tree.
Visual Description: Large, metal arrows of a dark grey color, these heavy bolts have uniquely blunted ends, designed not for piercing but rather for crushing. Because of their construction they deal massive concussive damage but, as a result, have little to no penetrative power, capable of little more than surface wounds upon fully exposed targets. Capable of shattering bones and causing massive internal bruising and bleeding, the true power of these munitions rests in their special roles as anti-armor weapons. Due to their heavy, crushing nature, they release their full force as a wave of blunt force upon impact, smashing, shattering, or denting armors and rigid defenses with ease
Ability:20% of the armored/reinforced target's endurance is added as strength to the blow dealt by these arrows.
Cost: 14.500 for 50

Pop . . . Approved!
Clanless
Clanless
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down