welcome
Welcome to Shinobi Fables Untold!

We like to keep a relaxed and open community where you are invited to become a vital part of the amazing storyline we have actively going on the site. We have a system for just about every major aspect of Naruto, and you are free to mold or shape your character's future however you see fit! We cannot wait to see how YOU change the world!
links
recent
» Everlasting Wrath
Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:15 pm byKurotsuchi

» Bloodline Claim
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:28 pm byKurotsuchi

» Regeneration
Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:50 pm byEververse

» The Sun and Its Secrets [ P ] | [ KURO ] | [ FB ]
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:13 pm byTifa Mamōru

» Envoy of the Beginning
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:59 pm byEververse

» Greeting from Kirigakure [INVASION]
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:57 pm byNeah Senju

» Land of Water→Kirigakure no Sato
Mon May 29, 2017 3:43 am byKurotsuchi

» The Sorrows of Satan
Thu May 25, 2017 7:06 pm byEververse

» My village peeps
Fri May 12, 2017 11:45 am byKurotsuchi

» IRONSIDE - a supernatural nobility rp ♔
Sun May 07, 2017 7:00 am byGuest

Shinobi Fables Affiliation
Our Site Button
"
N:FBL I M B OTOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPThe Bleach Society Role-Play Bleach Platinum Hearts
skin coded by nekobake

Serpent Spear

View previous topic View next topic Go down

on Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:36 am
Name: Orochi-Yari-Serpent Spear
Type: Chain Spear
Materials: High Quality Metal
Visual Description: The serpent spear comes as a set of eight chains all linked to each other in order to perform a unique function. The chains are all jet black in color, with a serpent’s head made of the same high quality material at the tip of it. In essence the weapon resembles a snake being manipulated by the user. The head of the serpent is more like a spear head than anything.  The serpent heads can of course open their jaws to reveal sharp hook like teeth that are designed to both pierce and latch onto the target. There are two reverse hooks that open up whenever the serpents pierce their target. This in most cases makes it extremely difficult to remove the chains should they pierce the intended target. The chain links are all 2 inches in width, with the chains extending up to 100 meters away from the user. The serpent heads that are also extremely sharp despite their appearance are 3 inches in width and 2 inches in height. The eyes of the serpents all glow green when being utilized by the user.
Power: 600
Durability: 400

Ability:

Major Ability: The serpent spear is usually manipulated by the wielder when in use, striking like a snake does. As anyone can imagine, the chains can be used to perform both defensive and offensive tasks beneficial to the wielder. The chains will usually manifest as a pair, usually held in either hand. However once the chains begin to strike, they can multiply reaching up to 8 chains at once. The chains can manifest themselves from each other, meaning there isn’t a predictable manner in which they’re utilized. As mentioned in the description above, the chains can reach up to 100 meters from the user, while also being able to retract at the same speed. The chains move at the user's own speed of course, almost like an extension of self. The weapons are controlled/manipulated via the hands using basic hand gestures. They also strike rather fast, moving at +100 of the user's speed. This is the user's speed plus the boost of 100. Example if your speed was 200, with +100 it moves at 300. They are rather relentless, and can pierce through defenses with high durability. The chains gain +100 stats to their power. Can pierce through defenses with an endurance/durability corresponding to their power. Cannot be utilized in the stated manner unless both the speed and strength requirements are met. The user uses a C-rank amount of Chakra per turn when using the chains.

Minor ability: The serpent spears also rely on Fuuinjutsu as part of the function. The spears have the ability to store themselves within the user, mainly being kept in the palm of the user’s hand, with a fuuinjutsu marking as indication for it. This allows the wielder to call upon the use of the spears at any given moment by simply channeling chakra to the seal on his palms.  The seal is more or less a general sealing and unsealing method technique. D-rank amount of Chakra unleashes the spears. The wielder can also channel his elemental chakra through the serpent spears in order to give them an edge in battle. "Meaning, by channeling Lightning Chakra through it, they could electrocute the opponent if they're caught. Do note, Jutsus will be created to work in conjunction with the weapon in question". Jutsus are usually executed from the mouth of the serpents but not restricted to.

Major Ability: The chains also posses the uncanny ability of absorbing Chakra, both raw and elemental. The absorbed Chakra can then be used to replenish the wielder’s own Chakra supply. Can only absorb up to A-rank level Jutsus. Of course cannot absorb things such as a earth wall etc. Such solid constructs cannot be absorbed. This is more or less a Chakra absorption technique, similar to what has been seen in the Manga/Anime.

Cost: 28,500

Requirements: Be Epic

Last edited by Kurotsuchi on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ootsutsuki Clan Leader
Ootsutsuki Clan Leader
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:26 pm
It notes that the spear moves at the same speed as the user, then it notes that it moves at +100 speed than the user's. You can also, as far as I know, only have one stat boost on a weapon. So you'd have to choose between +100 str or +100 spd. Other than that it's fine
Admin

Character sheet
Element:
View user profile http://shinobifablesuntold.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:43 pm
It says +100 to two stats, so how should I interpret that? And its meant to say +100 to the user's speed. Thats actually the speed of the chains. But yeah some clarity on the stats deal please?
Ootsutsuki Clan Leader
Ootsutsuki Clan Leader
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:52 pm
Oh, then I might have misread. This hand gesture thing to control the chains, it seems like that'd need a chakra cost. Add one and it'll be good for approval
Admin

Character sheet
Element:

Back to top Go down

on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:31 pm
Kurotsuchi wrote:Name: Orochi-Yari-Serpent Spear
Type: Chain Spear
Materials: High Quality Metal
Visual Description: The serpent spear comes as a set of eight chains all linked to each other in order to perform a unique function. The chains are all jet black in color, with a serpent’s head made of the same high quality material at the tip of it. In essence the weapon resembles a snake being manipulated by the user. The head of the serpent is more like a spear head than anything.  The serpent heads can of course open their jaws to reveal sharp hook like teeth that are designed to both pierce and latch onto the target. There are two reverse hooks that open up whenever the serpents pierce their target. This in most cases makes it extremely difficult to remove the chains should they pierce the intended target. The chain links are all 2 inches in width, with the chains extending up to 100 meters away from the user. The serpent heads that are also extremely sharp despite their appearance are 3 inches in width and 2 inches in height. The eyes of the serpents all glow green when being utilized by the user.
Power: 600
Durability: 400

Ability:

Major Ability: The serpent spear is usually manipulated by the wielder when in use, striking like a snake does. As anyone can imagine, the chains can be used to perform both defensive and offensive tasks beneficial to the wielder. The chains will usually manifest as a pair, usually held in either hand. However once the chains begin to strike, they can multiply reaching up to 8 chains at once. The chains can manifest themselves from each other, meaning there isn’t a predictable manner in which they’re utilized. As mentioned in the description above, the chains can reach up to 100 meters from the user, while also being able to retract at the same speed. The chains move at the user's own speed of course, almost like an extension of self. The weapons are controlled/manipulated via the hands using basic hand gestures. They also strike rather fast, moving at +100 of the user's speed. This is the user's speed plus the boost of 100. Example if your speed was 200, with +100 it moves at 300. They are rather relentless, and can pierce through defenses with high durability. The chains gain +100 stats to their power. Can pierce through defenses with an endurance/durability corresponding to their power. Cannot be utilized in the stated manner unless both the speed and strength requirements are met.  The user uses a C-rank amount of Chakra per turn when using the chains.

Minor ability: The serpent spears also rely on Fuuinjutsu as part of the function. The spears have the ability to store themselves within the user, mainly being kept in the palm of the user’s hand, with a fuuinjutsu marking as indication for it. This allows the wielder to call upon the use of the spears at any given moment by simply channeling chakra to the seal on his palms.  The seal is more or less a general sealing and unsealing method technique. D-rank amount of Chakra unleashes the spears. The wielder can also channel his elemental chakra through the serpent spears in order to give them an edge in battle. "Meaning, by channeling Lightning Chakra through it, they could electrocute the opponent if they're caught. Do note, Jutsus will be created to work in conjunction with the weapon in question". Jutsus are usually executed from the mouth of the serpents but not restricted to.

Major Ability: The chains also posses the uncanny ability of absorbing Chakra, both raw and elemental. The absorbed Chakra can then be used to replenish the wielder’s own Chakra supply. Can only absorb up to A-rank level Jutsus. Of course cannot absorb things such as a earth wall etc. Such solid constructs cannot be absorbed. This is more or less a Chakra absorption technique, similar to what has been seen in the Manga/Anime.

Cost: 28,500

Requirements: Be Epic

1. The chains are NOT moving faster than your speed. There is no sense in that.

2. Breaking the chains from your hands is not D rank; it is C rank. And you can only do so from your hands I read.

3. They cannot absorb jutsu, they can absorb chakra. And that needs to be chakra from entities like people, NOT jutsu/elemental ninjutsu. And therefore I need a specific amount of chakra they can absorb by touch. A rank  = 35 chakra per touch?

4. You will need to have the weapon on you at least to use the chains, which I am sure you know.
Admin

Character sheet
Element:

Back to top Go down

on Sat May 14, 2016 7:39 am
1. Well then care to tell me how to regulate the supposed boost that weaponry gives? Its not unheard of for something to be faster than someone's natural speed. In any case though, I wanna know what makes sense in these cases.

2. C-rank okay, despite the generic sealing/unsealing jutsu is D rank. I can work with that I suppose.

3. I think I will just change that ability then, since I dont agree with the notion of not being able to absorb Chakra. I even made it fair and with limits but no problem.

4. Smh.

5. I do question why you're prepared to approve other outlandish things yet still seem to want to limit my relatively normal abilities.
Ootsutsuki Clan Leader
Ootsutsuki Clan Leader
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Sat May 14, 2016 7:47 am
Kurotsuchi wrote:1. Well then care to tell me how to regulate the supposed boost that weaponry gives? Its not unheard of for something to be faster than someone's natural speed. In any case though, I wanna know what makes sense in these cases.

2. C-rank okay, despite the generic sealing/unsealing jutsu is D rank. I can work with that I suppose.

3. I think I will just change that ability then, since I dont agree with the notion of not being able to absorb Chakra. I even made it fair and with limits but no problem.

4. Smh.

5. I do question why you're prepared to approve other outlandish things yet still seem to want to limit my relatively normal abilities.

1. Well for something that is attached to you to move faster than you can, I need it to have an inherent reason as to why. So I am basically asking, why does the chain move faster than you?

2. Kuro, It can absorb chakra; just not the jutsu entirely. Your chains should not be eating fire, in other words. And I say that because that is an ability that is quite distinct, and the nature of your chains needs to make such an ability make sense. Absorbing jutsu itself is a type of ability that is usually KKG related or some very unique weapon designed to do exactly that. I got the feeling form this that you wanted to absorb chakra - which you can.

4. Haha
Chains that move faster than you (with LRA and FTG) and can literally eat jutsu is not... "relatively normal"" rofl. But in any case, you know I can be convinced otherwise - I just need things to make sense from where I am coming from. If you think I am wrong, show me.

As it stands - I need to see why chains magically move faster than you do, even though attached items usually move at user's speed. And I need to see why I spat out a fire ball, and your chains not only ate the chakra, but the element itself. Though I know in many cases this is one in the same. Obviously this should not be done with more... solid elements.
Admin

Character sheet
Element:

Back to top Go down

on Sat May 14, 2016 8:07 am
See there you go assuming the chains are including LRA and FTG. Notice I said above its my natural speed. Not FTG or LRA since that would be idiotic and even I would not approve that. Which is why Im disputing this idea of having to explain why I need a speed boost. The system says I can so why deny it?

Like I said Im dropping the Chakra Absorbing stuff. Raw elements are powered by Chakra so if something is absorbed then of course it will he converted into Chakra. Notice that there are exceptions and it has its limits too. But it makes no sense to keep going back and forth with this.
Ootsutsuki Clan Leader
Ootsutsuki Clan Leader
View user profile

Back to top Go down

on Sat May 14, 2016 8:17 am
Kurotsuchi wrote:See there you go assuming the chains are including LRA and FTG. Notice I said above its my natural speed. Not FTG or LRA since that would be idiotic and even I would not approve that. Which is why Im disputing this idea of having to explain why I need a speed boost. The system says I can so why deny it?

Like I said Im dropping the Chakra Absorbing stuff. Raw elements are powered by Chakra so if something is absorbed then of course it will he converted into Chakra. Notice that there are exceptions and it has its limits too. But it makes no sense to keep going back and forth with this.

The system says your chains can boost themselves?

Yeah, your chains are not making water jutsu disappear because of absorption. Fire, wind and lightning maybe, but not more solid elements.
Admin

Character sheet
Element:

Back to top Go down

on Sat May 14, 2016 8:35 am
No lol. Am I not allowed to boost 2 stats by 100 as per the weaponry rule? That is all Im doing here. Not like I want the chains to have +1000 speed to my own. Its simply whatever my natural speed is without boosts like LRA plus the 100 the system says Im allowed.

Dont worry about the absorbing stuff. I will just go for sealing instead which Im sure is allowed.q
Ootsutsuki Clan Leader
Ootsutsuki Clan Leader
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top